The Arkansas Water Environment Association aims to:
- Advance the fundamental knowledge of the water environment, its basic qualities and its physical laws governing its interaction with other aspects of the environment and with the aesthetic, economic, and biological needs of the citizens of Arkansas.
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the design, construction, operation and management of water quality systems and facilities.
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of Arkansas' water environment and encourage and promote action necessary for its enhancement.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water environment to members and other interested parties.
- Promote sound public policy in matters relating to the water environment.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel engaged in any aspect of protecting and improving Arkansas' water environment.
- Strengthen and build alliances with organizations throughout the world incorporating members of all professions dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of water quality and water resources
- Stimulate public awareness of the relationship of water resources to the public welfare and the need for pollution prevention, resource recovery, preservation, conservation, and reuse of water resources.
The Digester, published semi-annually in June and December, has a new format and focus. Our new professionally edited and printed magazine has exciting new regular features including legislative updates, ADEQ updates, Arkansas utility spotlights, AWEA member spotlights, utility construction project reports, committee news, special interest articles, technical information, and much more.